Alnwick Town Team was set to organise how the funding from a successful Portas bid would be spent. They focus on the geographical area of Alnwick and its immediate neighbourhood. Their Vision Statement is “Improving Alnwick Town Together”.
The objectives of Alnwick Town Team are:
- To ensure that the town, its major attractions and stakeholders work together to encourage visitors to explore all areas, not least with the target of repeat visits.
- To seek diversification in employment opportunities, with emphasis on Alnwick’s unique qualities to attract clean, non-location specific industries.
- To protect and emphasise the strengths of the town centre as a shopping and social centre.
- To understand that Alnwick’s architectural and social heritage is essential to its prosperity and needs to be cared for accordingly.
- To encourage local authorities to adopt and support proposals produced by the team.
- To identify and source necessary capital and revenue funding.
The Alnwick Town Team has the following members – Northumberland County Council; Alnwick Town Council; Alnwick Chamber of Trade; Market Licensee; Alnwick Civic Society; The Alnwick Garden; Alnwick in Bloom and up to 3 representatives from community groups in Alnwick.
Other project orientated community groups are welcome to attend Town Team meetings as and when appropriate by notifying the Chair of the Town Team of their attendance at least 14 days in advance of the Town Team meeting.
Town Team meetings are usually meet monthly with the Mayor of Alnwick Town Council serving as the Chair. All Town Team meetings are held in private however other bodies may be invited to attend the Town Team meeting if required and at the discretion of the Chair.
AGENDAS and MINUTES can be found in the table below.
|April 19th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 7th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 9th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 20th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 25th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 29th 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 17th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 21st 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 28th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 25th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 30th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 21st 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 19th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 13th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 11th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 8th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 6th 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 10th 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 7th 2018||Agenda|