The aims of the Alnwick Town Council Grant system are:
- To support voluntary and community groups/organisation to deliver activity that will make an impact within the town.
- To support one-off initiatives that are seen as valuable to the town.
- To provide an easily accessible process of funding support.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any voluntary/community or not-for-profit groups or organisations (including charities) based in or predominantly serving Alnwick.
What can be applied for?
Grants are given to support any activity to benefit the community that takes place in the town. The following conditions and tests will be applied:
- The majority of people benefiting from the project should be from Alnwick.
- Retrospective applications cannot be considered.
- No grant will be given to applicants who are looking for funding which will then be used to offer grants to other organisations or individuals.
When can applications be made?
Applications for General and Environmental grants are considered by our Finance & Policy Committee annually, usually in the autumn.
Applications for Event grants are considered by our Recreation & Amenities Committee on a case by case basis, subject to budgets, and should be made at least 3 months before the event takes place..
Urgent applications can be considered at our monthly meetings should all councillors agree and if there is sufficient budget remaining.
How will applications be assessed?
Each application will be submitted on a simple standardised application form. Additional information may be provided to support the application if appropriate. Financial information must be submitted with all grant applications.
The application for grants/funding will be considered on its merits and assessed against the following criteria:
- The benefits to the community of Alnwick are clear
- The applicant group/organisation is able to demonstrate their ability to deliver activity successfully
- Financial need and sound financial management is demonstrated: You should submit details of all significant income and outgoings for your last financial year (for example recent accounts or other financial statements).
Please click to download the criteria and application form for General Grants 2020
Please click to download the criteria and application form for Environment Grants 2020