To celebrate the visit of the Tour of Britain to Alnwick the Town Council are holding a photography competition. The theme for the competition is “Capturing the moment” and the Town Council are looking for beautiful photographs that show the excitement and spirit of the day. The winner will be chosen by the Mayor of Alnwick and will receive £50.
Each person can enter up to two photos and the closing date for entries is noon on Monday 21st September 2015. The winning images will be added to the Town Council’s Home Page on their website. All shortlisted images will be displayed at a photographic exhibition at the Alnwick Playhouse.
ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Photographs must have been taken during the Tour of Britain event on September 9th in Alnwick.
2. Entrants can submit up to two photos in total as prints, in colour or black and white. Electronic images cannot be accepted. Images must be at least as large as a standard postcard and should be no bigger than A4. Photographs should not be framed or mounted.
3. All entrants under the age of 16 years must have consent to enter from a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should sign the back of the image(s) submitted.
4. Entrants must not be professional photographers.
5. Entrants must mark each photo on the back with their name, address & contact telephone number (both daytime and evening).
6. Entries should be sent / delivered to: Alnwick Town Council, Room 5, 27 Fenkle Street, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 1HW.
7. The competition closes at noon on Monday 21st September 2015. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
Alnwick Town Council cannot accept any responsibility for problems with the postal service which may result in entries being lost or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Entries will not be returned but will be made available for collection from the Playhouse after the exhibition.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- General appeal
8. Images must be the original work of the entrant and the entrants must be the sole owner of copyright of all photographs entered. If necessary, they must obtain permission from parents/guardians if children under 16 appear in the image.
9. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the Town Council but by entering the competition entrants grant to the Town Council the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on the Town Council’s website or in any other media.
10. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants also agree to take part in post-competition publicity if asked.